If you are planning to develop a chat service like Whatsapp, it is necessary to understand the intricacies of their business.
At iTechNotion, we can take care of everything development related need for such an app.
Just Go through our in-depth study on the chats service behemoth and find out what you require us to do for your business needs.
What is Whatsapp and how did their business blossom?
It would not be wrong to say that Whatsapp became what it is today partly because it played the role of a pioneer and was built super user-friendly. It also scored over rivals owing to a lack of pestering ads and number-based operation, instead of relying on ids. It is now available of KaiOS and exciting new features like voice previews are going to make the overall usage experience more enticing.
In the last 10 years, Whatsapp has grown from strength to strength – the privacy woes followed by its acquisition by Facebook notwithstanding. Now, it has over 1.5 billion users from almost 180 countries and that is what makes it the most popular IM app globally. It also launched Whatsapp Business which now has over 3 million users.
So, the takeaway here is, chat apps could be immensely potent and you may gain uncountable number of users, if develop the app mindfully.
Here is a list of a few viable alternatives to Whatsapp, and thereby, your other competitors:
Alternatives to Whatsapp, which you could analyse –
- Kik messenger
Overall Project Summary
There is a lot of users can do with this versatile app including:
- Check out the status of other users.
- Check out the display picture of others and profile info.
- Send messages and images to others.
- Send videos and voice recordings to others.
- Take videos and images directly from the app and send to others.
List of Features
Send multiple types of attachments – A chat app lets the users send multiple types of attachment to others on the app. You can send still images, video clips, PDFs and other documents up to 100 MB, GPS location, contact in your phone through messaging instantly.
Group chat – Using the app, the users can create groups involving up to 256 users.
Video and voice calling – By using the mobile carrier data, chatting app users can call other users free, anytime. This is a cheaper alternative to ISD calling.
Security – Each chat in the app is safeguarded by end-to-end encryption.
A lot more can be done by using chat apps, depending upon how you want to create them, like:
- Customize a lot of things like app background, choose a language and use a variety of emoticons in messages. You can also choose to offer a display picture or keep in the blank.
- Send voice recording to the users on the move using the app.
- Sync mobile chat session to desktop/laptop PCs and carry on chat from any device.
- Take a backup of the chat data, periodically without any manual intervention.
- Define who in the contact list can see status updates and see the last online time.
- Silence the notifications of selected users for short or long term – from 8 hours up to a year.
- Change the number with a new one while retaining the same profile anytime you wish.
How iTechNotion can help?
We offer end to end chat app development solutions, covering both back and front end programming, along with regular maintenance. As a company, we offer all kinds of assistance using the cutting edge technology to ensure our clients get exactly what they seek.
Technology we used
No, Online only indicates that the person is online. He might be busy in other conversation tab.
You can verify the SIM card and continue with the same account. Your contacts, status, profile picture will be transferred to the new phone.
Yes you can long press a conversation and mail chat history with or without Media files
You can access WhatsApp from your PC using WhatsApp web client, using Chrome, Firefox or Opera browser. This feature is available only for Android users. To protect user privacy, WhatsApp web mirrors WhatsApp on your phone to PC. If your phone is not connected, you can’t use this client.