Planning to leverage the power of the retail sector? Employing an app to take over your grocery business is really helpful. However, before stepping foot on your online arrangement,
performing an in-depth overview of the existing app and its features is imperative. We at, iTechNotion empowers our clients with all that in and outs of grocery app development. Walk through the detailed guide of Bigbasket like app development to assess your business needs.
Bigbasket: The Definition and the Business Ideals
India’s first online grocery shopping platform, Bigbasket is the joint venture of five curious minds. After being knocked down by series of failures, they were in search of something new, one that will allow people to avoid the hassles of traditional grocery shopping, instead opt for an easy and relaxed way to buying their everyday essential items. This gave birth to what we refer to as Bigbasket.
As of now, they are operational in 25 different cities with more than ten million active app
users. Since its inception, Bigbasket has offered exceptional services with an on-time delivery rate of 99.9%. What makes them keep up with the customer’s demand is their flawless mobile app. The app is top-notch and embeds all the trending technologies to serve the customers best. A recent addition has been the Smart-Basket feature that predicts orders reducing the order-time and allowing them to serve better.
The growing popularity of grocery apps is no news to all. The ease and the flexibility offered by these apps is what accounts for its overwhelming usage and engagement. However, it is not just Bigbasket that has retrospected the potential of the industry. If you are planning to get your hands wet, here are a few other leading names in the grocery delivery business.
- Amazon Pantry
- Nature’s Basket
The overall journey of Bigbasket till date has been quite remarkable. They started as Fabmart and ended up as Bigbasket. Even though the road to success has been tough but the perseverance depicted by the team that allowed them to sustain the pressure and emerge victorious in the domain of online grocery shopping. With around 18000 products, they have successfully delivered more than one million orders in a day across 35 different cities.
Truly, the Grocery selling app has huge potential when put to use in the right manner.
Overall Project Summary
Online Grocery Apps are designed with the basic purpose of providing doorstep delivery of
everyday essential products. They are equipped with all the features and functionalities needed to track and deliver products right outside a customer’s house. Apps designed for grocery delivery are extremely vigilant and automated. Keeping track of products in stock, displaying delivery at particular locations, and refining the search based on the availability, a grocery app must have all of these.
And this is just the tip of the iceberg. There is a multitude of features that such apps have to offer.
- Select the supermarket to place an order
- Choose delivery time slots as per your convenience
- Select payment portals
- Share details with friends
List of Features
- Product Listings: Giving users the ease to select the needed product visiting the right category of the product
- Quick Shopping List: Allow users to save items for later purchase.
- Recurring Orders: Enabling users to repeat a particular order at a specific date and time.
- Search Bar: Providing the ease to simply search for a product rather than locating them under product categories.
- Delivery Schedule: Users can select a delivery date and the ideal time slot for the
- Real-time Tracking: This allows customers to keep track of their deliverables in real-time. They will know where exactly is the order at a specific time period and plan their day effectively.
- Payment Options: Users can select from several payment portals. It could be the in-app wallet, card payment, or third-party app, UPI payment.
- Push Notifications: Send reminders and notifications to potential customers about certain products.
- Product Recommendation: Provide suggestions based on the past purchases of the user.
- Monthly Reminders: Users can receive monthly reminders for purchase in case they have missed it.
How iTechNotion can help?
A super-rich app and a revenue-backed idea are all you need to get started with an online grocery business. While the idea has to be yours, we at iTechNotion will take care of all your app needs.
We are a team of robust professionals and skilled engineers that are passionate about helping businesses create their online presence. We excel in developing cost-cutting mobile applications at economical rates. Experts at iTechNotion provide both frontend and backend development services, each of which is rich in technology and functionality. Above all, we ensure our solutions are so implemented that all your needs are met.