If you are looking forward to starting a business similar to Airbnb, it is important to understand in and out of their business. We, at iTechNotion, can do the rest for you. Go through our insightful study on the business giant and figure out what exactly do you want us to do for you.
What is Airbnb and how did their business grow?
One of the most modern and unique ideas, Airbnb is an accommodation sharing site that allows individuals to rent out their property or any kind of extra space to the guests who are mostly travelers. The properties are available with different criteria like one with a swimming pool, an attached kitchen, near the main market to a room that is shared or an entire property. Airbnb charges 3% of the booking value as a commission from the host and anything between 6% and 12% from the guests who check-in.
Initiated in the year 2009, the company has grown from helping 21000 guests a year to six million a year find a suitable holiday accommodation. The company now boasts of 800,000 properties that are spread around 34000 cities and 90 countries. The financial factor is the basic factor that helps this business grow. While the guests can get a good accommodation at a reasonable price, the host can take advantage of any extra space they have.
There is no denying the fact that Airbnb is a tremendous way of finding the right accommodation while on a holiday. But it is always good to be aware of the different options that are available. If you have any reason to check out the alternatives, here is a comprehensive list.
Almost 10 years into the industry, Airbnb has already spread wings in several places. The top seven countries that have Airbnb are Brazil, Germany, United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, France, and United States of America.
Airbnb was recently launched in India and its listings have grown by 115% in the last year in the country. Since India is among the fastest growing economies around the world with a growing number of middle class families who wish to travel, India remains one of the top markets for the brand.
Best Alternatives to Airbnb
- House Sitting
- VillasDirect (was earlier known as RentalsCombined)
Overall Project Summary
authentic and trustworthy users who list their extra space or accommodation either on the app or online.
There is a lot that a user can do with the app such as:
- Check out the user profiles.
- Access the itinerary and details of the host.
- Get directions to the route from the host.
- Message the host.
- Uploads pictures on Airbnb.
List of Features
Book Vacation Homes – The travelers can search for their dream vacation home rentals from among more than 4 million vacation homes that are spread across 191 countries and more. There are different
variables to refine the search, such as by price, amenities, neighborhood etc.
Explore popular destinations – The travelers can explore popular destinations and find local guides who can help them with guided tours. There is a lot that can be done with the Airbnb app, both by the traveler as well as the host.
- Book an appropriate vacation home rental for a vacation, whether it is a business trip, a family vacation or a solo trip.
- Book unique travel experiences.
- Look for an appropriate travel accommodation last minute or search rentals for long term.
- Save their favorites whether it is vacation homes, places or experiences and then invite
others to plan a trip as well.
- Make a personal itinerary and add experiences and events to it.
- Message the host and ask for directions to the accommodation.
- Share their extra space with the travelers.
- Share places, events, and experiences that are unique in their city.
- Update their calendar availability and listing from time to time.
- Can maintain a host guidebook and share what’s unique about their neighborhood.
- Message guests and help them to manage the reservations
How iTechNotion can help?
Technology we used
Browser developers frequently make improvements to provide you with a faster, more secure online experience. Newer browsers also support a wider range of designs and features than older browsers.
If you prefer to use Internet Explorer, please upgrade to IE9 or higher. Many features of the Airbnb website don’t work with older versions of Internet Explorer – and we often can’t provide technical support if you’re using an outdated browser.
To verify your phone number:
- Go to Profile on airbnb.com
- Next to Phone Number, click Add a phone number
- Select your country, and we’ll automatically insert the correct country code
- Enter your area code and phone number
- Click Verify via SMS or Verify via Call. We’ll send you a 4-digit code via text message (SMS) or an automated phone call
- Enter your code and click Verify
If you don’t see a confirmation message, try refreshing the page. If the method you chose isn’t working, try the other one.
These are top success competitors but, still, there is a market for a new startups like Airbnb.